The TowerCares Foundation offers an annual college scholarship program for STEM and Foreign Language Linguistics majors.
TowerCares is proud to invest in the next generation of STEM leaders throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. The scholarship program provides opportunity for all students who want to change and improve the world, with special consideration given to children of active duty military and Veterans.
This year, we have expanded the program and will award up to 15 $5,000 scholarships! Since 2018, the TowerCares Foundation has awarded $125,000 in college scholarships.
Who is Eligible
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements*:
- The scholarship is open to all current high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who are enrolled or plan to enroll in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or Foreign Language Linguistics major.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and reside in Maryland, the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania or Virginia.
- Must be attending an accredited two- or four-year college/university full-time for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Applicant is not a previous TowerCares scholarship winner.
How to Apply
The application period for scholarship entries for the 2022-23 academic year is now closed. Please check back next April for details on the 2023-24 program.
Scholarship entries will be evaluated by an independent selection committee and recipients will be selected based on consideration of the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of career and educational goals and objectives
Additional consideration will be given to children/dependents of active duty military and Veterans from all branches of the Armed Forces, including Reserve and Guard units.
The scholarship must be used for tuition and tuition-related expenses at accredited, two- or four-year colleges/universities. Award checks will be made payable to the college or university.
“I continue to be amazed by our scholarship winners and how much they have all achieved at such a young age. We know how expensive college can be, and the TowerCares Foundation is pleased to relieve some of the financial burden of the cost of higher education for these exceptional students and their families.”
~ Richard Stafford, President, TowerCares Foundation